Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) reports to the Opticon Executive Management Team and works closely with other functional leaders in the company, including those in sales, marketing, R&D, engineering, manufacturing and finance. The BDM position is a newly created role and the BDM will be a subject matter expert in assigned vertical markets (Digital Signage and Factory/Industrial Automation). This is a highly visible position and will have influence in Opticon's strategic plans and direction into these specified verticals.
The newly appointed BDM will be responsible for identifying market and application requirements, understanding market needs and pain points, creating value proposition and positioning, and ensuring strategic alignment and integration with Opticon solutions. This BDM will be responsible for identifying and targeting new and existing key application areas within the assigned vertical markets that are open for expansion either through application of existing products or newly developed solutions to serve unmet customer needs.
- Ensure successful delivery of and be a key contributor in all phases of development for existing and new products, from planning and design to development, deployment and ongoing support and maintenance.
- Collaborate with development, sales and marketing to develop and refine comprehensive solutions that address vertical-specific business challenges and objectives.
- Estimate and manage complex development projects, managing to establish deliverables and delivering projects on time and at the highest level of quality.
- Provide leadership in implementing industry best practices for product development and facilitate internal vertical best practice activities.
- Research, understand and outline key business challenges and objectives characteristic to each vertical market.
- Prioritize application targets within each vertical market.
- Develop a Marketing Requirement Document (MRD) that defines the market sizing, clarifies detailed features required across product lines that will construct the overarching differentiated vertical solutions.
- Develop vertical messaging that articulates product solution sets with clear vertical value propositions for internal documents and training as well as for external sales and marketing purposes.
- Work with market research companies for global trends analysis identifying implications of vertical market data (market sizing, customer buying preferences, etc.), customer needs, competition, and channel and end user targets.
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis of vertical market solutions.
- Create necessary vertical market presentations and provide data and input for all other necessary marketing materials
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong team player with a solid understanding of sales approaches and platforms.
- Superior communications skills: listening, speaking, writing, and presenting.
- Self-starter who will take ownership in approaching new opportunities and driving initiatives by working cross-organizationally and influencing key stakeholders.
- Searches for and seizes opportunities and eliminates barriers to get things done.
- Disciplined, must be a self-starter with good initiative can work autonomously.
- Experience in working effectively with sales peers and a variety of customers.
- Experience in managing external sales communications.
- Minimum qualifications include 5+ years of technical sales experience.
- 5+ years related work experience in vertical market planning, marketing, channel research and development or tactical planning and execution.
- Prior knowledge of and experience with the following key vertical markets which are listed in priority order: 1) Factory/Industrial Automation, 2,) Digital Signage, and 3) Auto ID.
- Successful track record in developing, building support for, and executing strategic plans.
- Analytical, structured thinking with ability to identify and evaluate trends, business needs and sales opportunities.
- Ability and willingness to travel (overseas as well).
- It is preferable that the Business Development Manager resides in the Greater Seattle area.
To inquire about any position, please contact us.