OEM Barcode Scan Engine - Barcode Laser Scanner - Small Form Factor
The Opticon MDL-1000 is a laser barcode scan engine with an extremely small rectangular form factor. This laser scan engine is ideal for space-constrained portable devices.
OEMs needing to add laser scanning capability to smartphones, medical devices, diagnostic equipment or kiosks will streamline their design process with this tiny engine: the small size makes it easy to mount. The MDL-1000 scan engine features a 650 nm visible laser diode that scans bi-directionally at a rate of 100 scans/second. MDL-1000 product highlights include:
- Scan rate of 100 scans/second
- Communication interface with mobile, medical or retail devices
- Connects via a 12-pin FFC connector
- Extremely small form factor scan engine – dimensions of 28 x 7.8 x 18 millimeters/1.10 x 0.31 x 0.71 inches and weight of 10 grams/0.35 ounces. The MDL-1000 is rectangular. OEMs who need a square (cube) form factor should use the MDL-2001.
- An Engineering Kit - available separately - allows OEMs to test and configure the MDL-1000 scanner settings via a PC COM port
- Two-year warranty
Compare Opticon's OEM scan engine solutions.
The downloading and use of any Opticon software implies consent with Opticon's End User License Agreement.