OEM Laser Barcode Scan Engine - Smallest Available Form Factor
The Opticon MDL-4000 is a laser barcode scan engine with the smallest available form factor.
OEMs needing to add laser scanning capability to medical or diagnostic equipment, mobile devices, kiosks and more will accelerate their design process with this tiny engine: the small size makes it easy to mount given the mechanical constraints of small, portable devices. The MDL-4000 measures just 0.80 x 0.55 x 0.22 inches (20.4 x 14.0 x 5.5 mm).
Opticon offers an Engineering Kit for the MDL-4000 that lets design teams quickly evaluate the MDL-4000. Opticon supports engineering teams throughout the evaluation cycle resulting in faster time to market with a superior laser engine.
The MDL-4000 features a 650 nm visible laser diode that scans bi-directionally at a rate of 100 scans/second.
MDL-4000 product highlights include:
- Scan rate of 100 scans/second
- Communication interface with mobile, medical or retail devices
- Connects via 12 pin FFC connector
- Smallest available form factor scan engine – dimensions of 20.4 x 14.0 x 5.5 millimeters/0.80 x 0.55 x 0.22 inches and weight of 4 grams/0.14 ounces. The MDL-4000 is rectangular.
- An Engineering Kit - available separately - allows OEMs to test and configure the MDL-4000 scanner settings via a PC COM port
- Two-year warranty
Compare Opticon's OEM scan engine solutions.
The downloading and use of any Opticon software implies consent with Opticon's End User License Agreement.